Sunday, July 13, 2008

Green Thumb Sunday

Gaillardia ("Burgundy" I Believe). With an Heirloom roadside daylily (Hemerocallis fulva) I found and moved from under my apricot tree last year. Two garden "Easies" very drought resistant and mess up resistant. I love the height of these very easy day lilies I can plant them hidden behind things, until tada here they are!!! I love the new flowers on this even more than the mature flowers they are so cute like the one up in the right corner very pretty yellow center with a little red border.I hope you enjoy them on this beautiful Sunday in Utah.

4 comments:

Aiyana said...

Very pretty. I really like the color of the Gaillardia. Ours are long gone! Too darned hot. Happy GTS,
Aiyana

Connie said...

Yes, the color of that Gaillardia is very nice! I only wish the plant was taller, more upright, but it does have a tendency to sprawl.
Orange ditch lilies rock...

The Diva said...

Gallardia and daylilies are a great combination. Welcome to Blotanical, and Happy Green Thumb Sunday. I post for it too most weekends.~~Dee

The Hunky Gardener said...

I have never seen burgundy gaillardia before. Tried 'Arizona Sun' this year and love it.